Below you find brief information on how to apply for our graduate taught and research programmes. For more detailed information please follow the links or contact the Graduate Studies Administrator.
Admissions for entry in 2017/18 opened in September 2016. For closing dates, please consult the individual course pages on the Graduate Admissions website.
The main application deadline for entry in 2017/18 was Friday 6 January 2017, 12 noon UK time.*
(* The January deadline is also the deadline for most of Oxford's scholarship schemes.)
- Later applications may still be considered as long as places are available.
- For more information about our graduate programmes including entry requirements please see the Graduate Admissions website for Surgical Sciences.
- Supporting material for an application include a CV, a research proposal / statement of purpose, an academic transcript and three academic references. It may also include documentary evidence of your English proficiency (if applicable) and other items.
It is your responsibility to ask your referees to write a reference for you and to ensure that they have submitted it by the deadline. Make sure that you give them plenty of notice and that you make them aware of the deadline.
- All applications have to be submitted online via central Graduate Admissions for the University of Oxford.
- Make sure your application is complete in time for the relevant application deadline, otherwise it will not normally be considered by the department. Please note that there is a non-refundable application fee to pay for each application you make.