- 2017 Best in Congress Poster Award, American Society of Transplant Surgeons and American Society of Transplantation
- 2016 Best Paper Award, American Society for Reconstructive Transplantation
Clinical Research Fellow and DPhil student
- General and Transplant Surgeon
I am a Clinical Research Fellow in Transplant Surgery working on normothermic kidney perfusion.
In April 2007, I graduated in medicine from the Innsbruck Medical University in Austria. I completed my surgical residency at Innsbruck Medical University, within the Department for Visceral, Transplant and Thoracic Surgery, where I secured a position as junior faculty in 2014. This gave me the opportunity to be more intimately involved in the solid organ transplant and the vascularized composite allotransplantation programme.
My clinical and academic interests are in the field of kidney transplantation. In my position as a Clinical Research Fellow, I have the unique opportunity to work on the development of a normothermic kidney perfusion device. Normothermic kidney perfusion for a period of 24 hours or longer will have significant clinical advantages. It provides the optimal platform for the delivery of strategies aimed at repairing and reconditioning kidneys that would otherwise be discarded. This will enlarge the donor pool and enable more successful renal transplantations.
Membership in transplant working groups
- Board Member of ESOT Education Committee
- Board Member of ESOT-YPT, Young Professionals in Transplantation
- Council Member of the International Hand and Composite Tissue Allotransplantation Society (IHCTAS)