Deputy Business Manager
As Deputy Business Manager at the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, I work closely with the Business Manager to support and enable the department's effective operation. I assist with the management of the Department's Business Administration Unit.
On a day to day basis the Business Administration Unit is responsible for the non-academic management and administration of the department and associated units. This includes:
- all the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payments and expense claims;
- budgeting, financial control and the provision of management information;
- research grant applications and pre- and post- award grant management;
- service contracts and consultancy agreements;
- recruitment and selection and all personnel related matters;
- health and safety and security;
- academic and student administration;
- IT support;
- building and facilities management.
My main responsibility is to oversee all aspects of the Department's accounting operations including line management of the accounts team including the research accounts function. I am also engaged in all other areas of departmental administration.