IDEAL Workshop - CANCELLED
Thursday, 30 May 2019
Trinity College, Broad Street, Oxford
The IDEAL Framework and Recommendations: Workshop on its practical use
The IDEAL Collobration will be holding a workshop on the practical use of the IDEAL Framework and Recommendations on Thursday 30 May 2019 at Trinity College, Oxford.
- Surgeons and clinicians working in “interventional” disciplines such as gastroenterology, cardiology, interventional radiology, physiotherapy, radiotherapy.
- Innovators, research professionals and industry representatives involved in planning, conducting and publishing research or evaluation of therapeutic medical devices.
- Trainees from all disciplines wishing to understand more about research methods for evaluating surgery and other complex therapeutic interventions.
Goals of the workshop include:
- Understand the particular challenges of conducting research on surgical operations, complex skill-based interventions and therapeutic medical devices
- Understand the purpose of IDEAL and why it is necessary
- Understand the stages of the IDEAL Framework and relevant questions at each stage
- Learn how to appraise papers on complex interventions and how to identify the IDEAL stage of a research field by reviewing the literature
- Learn how to apply the IDEAL Recommendations to designing studies appropriate to the life-cycle stage of a surgical innovation or device
- Learn about extensions to the original IDEAL Framework and how they are applied
- Understand how IDEAL is applicable in research, introduction of new procedures, device regulation and healthcare purchasing decisions, and the future challenges for the evolution of IDEAL
For further information, please visit The IDEAL Collaboration website.