Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Monday, 03 December 2018, 10am to 2pm
Mathematical Institute, Andrew Wiles Building, Woodstock Road – Boardroom, Level 5
This workshop is being offered across the University to parents/carers who have recently returned to work after a career break.
The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. The workshop will be open to all who have recently returned or will be returning to work after taking a break for caring responsibilities, with a particular focus on those returning to work following a period or periods of parental leave, paternity leave, maternity or adoption leave”
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
- Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member and the Head of Childcare Services;
- Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
- Hear from a panel of returning carers (academics, researchers, and professional and support staff) who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
- Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch;
- Tea/coffee and lunch will be provided.
To sign up, please email Jennie Challender at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 November 2018, providing any special dietary requirements.