Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Tuesday, 08 November 2016, 9.30am to 2pm
Oxford e-Research Centre (OeRC), 7 Keble Rd, Oxford OX1 3QG
This is a new pilot workshop that is being offered across the University to parents/carers who are returning to work after a career break. The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. While all are welcome, the material will be aimed at parents/carers who have had a career break of at least 3 months, and who have recently returned to work within the last 6 months.
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
- Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member;
- Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
- Hear from a panel of returning carers who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
- Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch.
This first workshop will be tailored for academics and researchers. The next workshop in Hilary Term will be aimed at professional and support staff members – date to be announced.
To sign up, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (ideally by 31 October 2016):
- Leave period (e.g. 3 months)
- Reason for leave (e.g. maternity, paternity, parental leave, caring for family member, etc.) This is requested for our monitoring purposes only.
- Any dietary requirements