The Nuffield Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology invites you to MitOX - an annual meeting in Oxford on Tuesday 6 December 2016.
Throughout the day there will be short presentations from a range of speakers from Switzerland, Oxford, USA, Cambridge and Spain. A range of mitochondrial associated research areas will be discussed including; genetics, physiology, neurosciences and cancer.
The speakers include:
- Thomas McWilliams (Dundee ) - Illuminating mitochondrial turnover and architecture in vivo
- Edmund Kunji (Cambridge) - Mitochondrial transport proteins and related mitochondrial diseases
- Peggy Eis (Population Diagnostics, USA) - NUBPL genetics and Parkinson’s disease
- Simon Lord (Oxford ) - Metformin and breast cancer metabolism
- Lisa Heather (Oxford) - Fatty acids and the Mitochondrion: Friend or Foe?"
- Damian Tyler (Oxford) – Imaging Human Metabolism Using Hyperpolarized Magnetic Resonance
- Buzz Baum (UCL) – Mitochondral evolution
- Alex Whitworth (Cambridge) Drosophilia models of Parkinson's Disease
- Jose Antonio Enriquez - (Zaragoza, Spain) Mitochondrial and nuclear DNA matching shapes metabolism and healthy ageing
- Laurent Mouchiroud (Lausanne, Switzerland) Urolithin A induces mitophagy, improving fitness and lifespan
- Konstantinos Lefkimmiatis (Oxford) Phosphatases are key determinants of compartmentalised cAMP/PKA signalling at the Outer Mitochondrial Membrane
- Joerg Burgstaller, mtDNA segregation in heteroplasmic mouse models
The event programme for the day can be viewed here.
The registration fee is £25 and £10 (concessions for students and retired academics). Please register via http://bit.ly/2adjEHl.
Short talk and poster abstracts should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 18 November 2016.