Workshop for carers: Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Monday, 08 July 2019, 10am to 2pm
This workshop is being offered across the University to parents/carers who have recently returned to work after a career break. The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. The workshop will be open to all who have recently returned or will be returning to work after taking a break for caring responsibilities, with a particular focus on those returning to work following a period or periods of parental leave, paternity leave, maternity or adoption leave.
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
- Learn about childcare and other family support.
- Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member and the Head of Childcare Services;
- Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
- Hear from a panel of returning carers (academics, researchers, and professional and support staff) who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
- Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch;
Please register via Eventbrite: