How to apply
Below you will find brief information on how to apply for our graduate research programmes. For more detailed information please follow the links or contact the Graduate Studies Administrator.
- Admissions for entry in 2023/24 opened in September 2022. For closing dates, please consult the individual course pages on the Graduate Admissions website.
- The main application deadline for entry in 2023/24 is Friday 09 December 2022, 12 noon UK time.*
(* The December deadline is also the deadline for most of Oxford's scholarship schemes.)
- Later applications may still be considered as long as places are available.
- Please ensure you have identified and directly contacted a supervisor before submitting your application. Project outlines may be offered by supervisors and will be advertised on this website, or you may apply with your own research proposal.
- For more information about our graduate programmes including entry requirements and supporting materials required for applications, please see the Graduate Admissions website for Surgical Sciences.
- It is your responsibility to ask your referees to write a reference for you and to ensure that they have submitted it by the deadline. Make sure that you give them plenty of notice and that you make them aware of the deadline.
- All applications have to be submitted online via central Graduate Admissions for the University of Oxford.
- Make sure your application is complete in time for the relevant application deadline, otherwise it will not normally be considered by the department. Please note that there is a non-refundable application fee to pay for each application you make.