Hayson Chenyu Wang
Visiting Researcher and Plastic Surgeon
- Psychological Consultant
I am a plastic surgeon and psychological consultant educated in Medicine from Peking Union Medical College (PUMC) and received standardized surgical resident training at PUMC Hospital. My research focuses on new methods of treatment in plastic and reconstructive surgery, including several aspects:
1) Application of adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) on autoimmune diseases, rare diseases, transplantation, and surgical treatment. For a long time, there has been a lack of effective minimally invasive treatments for facial defects in plastic surgery. ADSCs have been proved various paracrine and immunoregulatory effects. We are conducting basic and clinical experiments using ADSCs transplantation to seek a deep understanding of its immunoregulatory mechanisms and to study emerging surgical approaches.
2) Cross research on plastic surgery and neuropsychology. Plastic surgery patients are often accompanied by different levels of psychological needs and mental disorders. We first proposed the "Emotional Disorder Syndrome after cosmetic facial injection", and continue to research to explore the mechanism of plastic-neuropsychological syndromes and comprehensive treatment. Besides, we have also done some research on aesthetic psychology.
- Chenyu, W. (2020) ‘No end to China’s medical disputes’, Think China,15 January.
- Chenyu, W. (2020) ‘Wuhan coronavirus: The search for a permanent solution’, Think China, 29 January.
- Chenyu, W. (2020) ‘Viruses, sinophobia and conspiracy theories’, Think China,17 February.
- Chenyu, W. (2020) ‘Why it is hard to keep game meat off the table’, Think China, 24 February.