John Radcliffe Hospital, Level 6, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DU
Research Grants Officer
I started my current role as a Research Grants Officer at the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences (NDS) in September 2023. Prior to this, I worked as a Finance Assistant for five years at the University’s Estates Services team focusing in the account receivables section.
At NDS, I work alongside David Mahoney and John Gilbert to provide support to Principal Investigators (PI) and Project Managers to effectively manage research grant applications and research awards. On a day to day basis this involves the following:
- Preparing and costings for research grant applications using the University’s costing tool, X5.
- Ensuring that research budgets for new awards are set up accurately on Oracle and work with PI’s to ensure compliance with funder and University terms and conditions.
- Monitoring and tracking research grants and providing PI’s with relevant information on budgets, expenditure and forecasting on a regular basis.
- Meeting with Project Managers and PIs regularly to discuss research portfolio status and upcoming applications, and report back to the Research Grants Manager on more complicated cases as required.
- Working with the Research Accounts team to prepare annual statements of expenditure on research grants in line with funder terms and conditions, and when research grants are audited.