NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) Blood Donor Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9BQ
QUOD Laboratory Technician
Working for the NDS QUOD Group since September 2017 as a Biobank Laboratory Technician, I provide support to the QUOD project, in the Oxford Hub.
My activities include:
- Day-to-day running of the QUOD laboratory;
- Storage (cryopreservation and histology) of samples received from all regional centres;
- Database log update to ensure proper sample tracking;
- Procurement and preparation of allocated sets of samples to research projects, according to project specification (e.g. microtomy).
- Transferring samples from the John Radcliffe storage facility to the Biocentre facilities in Osney Mead.
All activities are carried out in accordance to the Human Tissue Act (2004), the Human Tissue Authority, NRES and NHS R&D Directives.
I have been a Certified Laboratory Technician for over a decade, working for various research departments.
I have a background in Microbiology applied to the environment and wine production; however most of my experience is in Human Biology related laboratory settings.