Committees and working groups
- NDS Events Working Group – Chair
- Old Road Campus Research Building Events Committee – Chair
- Old Road Campus Mental Health Committee – Chair
- Old Road Campus Volunteering Group - Chair
- NDS Support Staff Forum – member and secretary
- NDS Health & Safety – member and ORCRB representative
I can help with queries, assistance or guidance with any departmental events and courses.
- Old Road Campus Research Building Emergency First Aider
- NDS Citizen of the Year 2016
- Reward and Recognition Scheme for exceptional work on the courses 2017 and 2018
Departmental and Course Coordinator
I joined the department in May 2014 and am based at the Old Road Campus Research Building.
My responsibilities include:
Course Co-ordinator and Administrator for ECMINT and OATS. I am responsible for the organisation and running of the following courses:
- ECMINT (European Course in Minimally Invasive Neurological Therapy) supported by the ESMINT (European Society of Minimally Invasive Neurological Therapy). Four day course that occurs every 6 months for 100-120 attendees and lecturers. Liaising with the ESMINT team and Course Directors to arrange and build an external reputation for the course.
- OATS (Oxford Aneurysm Treatment School) course supported by Stryker Neurovascular. Annual three-day course for 30 attendees and lecturers. Liaising with the Stryker team and Course Directors.
Departmental Co-ordinator. Duties include the organisation of the following:
- Surgical Grand Rounds
- Urology Research Seminars
- Visiting professors/speakers for the above and their itineraries
- Head of Department Q&A sessions
- Assist in preparing small projects, meetings and organising and running of any conferences and adhoc. departmental events as required by the Head of Department and Business Manager
- Deputise for Executive Officer to Head of Department.