National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) conference
Friday, 14 June 2019, 9.15am to 4.30pm
Saïd Business School, Oxford
Celebrating success in surgery research in Wessex and the Thames Valley
The event is free and will include talks on developments in surgery research, with a focus on the delivery of surgical trials across the two CRN regions. It is being organised by the NIHR Clinical Research Networks for Wessex and Thames Valley and South Midlands.
Please see the attached poster for the event, including information on submitting an abstract.
Mr James Byrne, consultant upper GI and bariatric surgeon, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Miss P.G. Roy, consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter McCulloch - The IDEAL Framework
- Jane Blazeby - RCTs & Measuring Outcomes in Surgery Research
- Malcolm West - Trainee Research Collaborative
- Amit Goyal – Overcoming Challenges of Running Surgical Trials
- Nigel Bundred – NIHR CRN National Surgery Specialty Lead Perspective
A call to submit research abstracts is open until 14 May. Successful applicants will be invited to submit posters or give oral presentations.
Find out more here.
View the abstract submission guidelines on the poster.
If you wish to attend, please complete the registration form on Eventbrite (places are limited)