Talking about dying: the biggest question
Thursday, 16 November 2017, 5pm to 7pm
St Catherine’s College, Oxford
Hosted by The Collaborating Centre for Values-based Practice in Health and Social Care and the Oxford Healthcare Values Partnership
A panel discussion with audience participation, moderated by Evan Davis, Journalist and BBC Presenter.
The Collaborating Centre for Values-based Practice in Health and Social Care and the Oxford Healthcare Values Partnership are pleased to invite you to a Symposium following the publication of “Talking About Dying”.
Likely topics for discussion:
- Who needs to talk about dying?
- Why don’t many of us like to talk about dying?
- What do we say?
- Involvement as a doctor/nurse/other health care professional
- Involvement as spouse, parent, family or friend
- Being the patient
- Does ‘faith’ make a difference?
- Practical matters: Wills, Power of Attorney, Advanced decisions
Drinks reception afterwards.
Entry free on a first come basis (registration required).
Booking via Eventbrite.