Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

An academic appeal is a formal questioning of a decision on an academic matter made by the responsible academic body.

If you ever need to make an academic appeal during your time here this should be initially raised with the Director of Graduate Studies (Jon Austyn). If your concern can not satisfactorily be settled by that means, then you, your supervisor, or your college authority may put your appeal directly to the Proctors.

For taught graduate courses, a concern which might lead to an appeal, should be raised with your college authorities and those responsible for overseeing your work.

On no account should you contact your examiners or assessors directly.